Subtle science & exact art | Shae Empty

Le Deal du moment : -24%
PC Portable Gaming 15.6″ Medion Erazer Deputy ...
Voir le deal
759.99 €

Partagez

Subtle science & exact art | Shae

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
Aller à la page : 1, 2  Suivant
AuteurMessage
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Subtle science & exact art | Shae   Subtle science & exact art | Shae I_icon_minitimeSam 5 Aoû - 23:49

subtle science & exact art

ft. Shae Viridian

Friday 16th October 2020, 8 AM

Callisto had finally escaped the Great Hall and its crowd. The constant buzzing that had assaulted her ears dwindled with every step she took and her mind relaxed accordingly. Of course, she had fully enjoyed her meal –she did not remember the last time she hadn't liked a meal from the House Elves, or if a last time there was–, and usually did not mind the noise around her in doing so. But for some reason, the Snake Wand had wanted peace that day, so she had escaped quite quickly, sadly pushing the remnants of a superb treacle tart away. Soon, the corridors would fill with people in mass, trying to get to class on time, or just lingering a bit because of their free periods, and she wanted to be away when it did.

She ran into a couple pushed together in an alcove, snogging. The girl was Hufflepuff and the boy a Slytherin. Callisto's brows rose as she recognized the girl and her black tresses ; back in seventh year, she had asked her to be introduced to a guy from her house, Alex... something. She couldn't remember his name. Anyway, they seemed to have familiarized quite a lot. The ex-Slytherin smiled a bit and saved the thought to tell Aristide. It wasn't that big of a gossip but at least it was cute.

Walking briskly along the halls, she mentally summoned her timetable. Classes started at ten, leaving her two hours of nothing to work on... Her feet came to a halt to allow her to think of what she could do before her Advanced Healing Spells class. A vague thought of a nice soft couch in the Common Room, her sprawled on it with a Muggle book in her lap formed in her heard but she quickly pushed it aside. Even though it was the beginning of the year, being lazy could prove itself quite dangerous.

Then she considered that last potion she had brewed all alone. It had been a total disaster, and she remembered the luminescent foul smelling liquid that had almost exploded in her face. At the last minute, she had vanished the content of the pewter cauldron away. Failing occurred sometimes, and through trial and error, she knew she would become better.

Finally knowing what she would do next, she let her feet carry her to the dormitories. A certain book waited, not having been touched since a long time. Callisto reached her door and unlocked it quickly. Moste Potente Potions lay atop a big pile of other books about spells, Herbology and antidotes. The witch seized it quickly, putting the battered copy in her bag along with some parchments, quills and a half-filled ink bottle. Taking notes helped her a great deal and she wouldn't miss an opportunity to discover something new without having the right material.

Making her way downstairs to the Potions lab, she reviewed what she knew about Veritaserum. The list of ingredients was short but the execution was tricky. Fortunately, today was the new moon, meaning that it was the perfect –and only– time to start to brew it. Hiding the potion while it matured would be a good idea too, since she wasn't sure that telling her professor that she was practicing a highly monitored concoction would end well.

Finally reaching the lab, Callisto quickly entered one of the dimly lit rooms and locked it. If someone tried to unlock the door, she would have the time to hide or vanish the potion away. The last proposition wasn't great but it was better than being caught doing something probably very illegal.

A leather bag was placed on the counter, and the Snake Wand carefully removed the old book from it. She opened it to a bookmarked page and settled it on the wooden bookstand before her. Then she turned to fetch the ingredients and a startled sound rose from her throat. Someone was in a dark corner of the room and she hadn't seen them.
(c) sweet.lips

Spoiler:

Dernière édition par Callisto A. Rowle le Mer 30 Aoû - 0:14, édité 1 fois
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Subtle science & exact art | Shae   Subtle science & exact art | Shae I_icon_minitimeMer 9 Aoû - 20:11

Subtle science & exact art
Shae ξ Callisto

Clearly, Hogwarts was full of idiots. Dangerous idiots, but still. Idiots. Dummies. Twats. Incompetents. And psychopaths. Fortunately for us, Shae was none of the above, and tended to consider herself highly. She was quite the genius, see. Not to everyone, mind yourself, because most people seemed to find her entirely too much, and unbearable. But that was quite alright by her, mostly because she could not stand anyone else equally. So here she was, three days after IT happened, hiding herself in an obscure room, praying for no one to find her, and worst, speak to her. She had made a fool of herself, again. And she had slept with Aristide, which was kind of the same thing, really. What a bad idea that was, she reflected. Even though it could not be considered as an idea, given the state she was in, drunk, anxious and so high she could reach for the stars. The last two days had been a kind of huge sword, hanging above her neck, waiting for her to snap.

She had been so afraid of running into Pedro, she had made it a point to avoid him by all means. And since she was very good at hiding, she had not seen him in three days. A victory tainted by the bitter taste of treason. Which she had committed. Maybe she was an idiot too, after all. Lying on the cold hard ground of a private working room of the University, part of Hogwarts, she was reflecting on her bad choices, her life, afflicted with a terrible hangover. God, she shouldn't have drink that much last night.

She made a funny sound, between pain and desperation, and raised her head, looking at the room. She had gotten there around 5 in the morning, wasted and in desperate need of a bed. Instead, she messed with some cauldrons, because she did not like the color of the potion in making, and now, it was all blue and pretty. Fuzzy and weird too. The smell was weird. Maybe it would burst right in the face of the person who made it. THAT, would be fun, for a change. Aristide. Funny how she would have never ever considered touching him with anything else than a foot long pole, and now she was getting red at the thought of his naked body. A fine naked body, by the way. Maybe not as fine as Pedro's but... hotter in a way. Warmer. Made her feel a little more alive than alone. Ugh, she hated herself thinking that way.

She took a cigarette out of her pocket and lightened it, eyes fixed on the ceiling. The day was promising to be a pain in the ass, and she wasn't feeling it. Skipping classes and spending the day in her bed, with hot tea and a treaty about owls sounded much, much better. She should definitely do that. What time was it anyway ? She had no bloody idea. She yawned, got herself up, and stirred like a cat.

- Bloody hell...

Her head started to spin and she regretted this decision, her body weakened and not willing to help her get her ass back to London. Could she even disappear to her flat now ? Probably not. She sat down and mumbled to herself. Stuck in Hogwarts for the day, ain't that sweet. Fuck. The door suddenly opened, and, surprised, she plunged under a desk to hide herself, injuring herself in the process. Fuck !! Bloody fuck, who was the idiot fucker who thought funny to come here this early ? FUCK ! She groaned and decided to get up again. It would be more embarrassing to be found under the desk than to admit she was hiding. She was just praying for the unknown person not to be Pedro. She saw a mass of long, dark hair, and a pretty face. A girl, not unknown, but not a friend either. She believed she knew her from Hogwarts... Slytherin she recalled. Fuck. A friend of Aristide. Just what she needed.

She pointed her chin at the cauldron.

- I wouldn't advise to touch this. I ruined it for fun. Might explode.

She smiled, a deranged and weird smile, made only to disturb and scare people away. With her luck, the girl would run away screaming, and she would still have the room to herself.

- ... Catherin ? Is that your name ?

And she still sucked at remembering people names.
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Subtle science & exact art | Shae   Subtle science & exact art | Shae I_icon_minitimeJeu 10 Aoû - 17:24

ft. Shae Viridian

A dishevelled blonde girl stood before Callisto. The left side of her face was marred by a scar that cut across her eye. It was Shae then. The Snake Wand didn’t think she would have recognized her if it wasn’t for that scar. Honestly, she looked like shite. Her creased clothes suggested she hadn’t changed in a long time, and her hair was even more unruly than usually –Callisto didn’t even know this to be possible. The worse thing probably was her face ; her eyes were dazed, almost unfocused and her mouth dropped in a pout.

Blimey ! You scared me !

I wouldn't advise to touch this. I ruined it for fun. Might explode, said the girl, pointing her chin to a row of cauldrons on the lab table.

Ace. What was wrong with her ? Did she think she was funny ? It was bloody likely, but still. And the girl smiled at her creepily, how nice of her. The ex-Slytherin rolled her eyes and unholstered her wand –which was comfortably resting along her forearm until then. She Scourgified the cauldrons, hoping it would be enough to put away whatever the hell was in them.

… Catherin ? Is that your name ? added the girl after she was done with the cleaning.

Uh, no. My name’s Callisto. Like the moon, she said, then a dead beat made her continue, Jupiter’s.

Aristide had picked the reference up almost immediately, thanks to his Astronomy knowledge. She had been quite impressed back then, but his self-righteous attitude had made her promptly turn away. And, well, gossip is what made them actually talk to each other and helped her discover that he wasn’t that much of a brat. This wasn’t the case of the blonde girl still standing in front of her. Shae was dangerous, and a bit scary. It was like she invoked instability everywhere she went. For Merlin’s sake, even when she looked like shite and seemed to have drank too much, she still did hazardous things.

Callisto had heard professor Mortimez say that Shae was brilliant a few times. Of course she was, scientifically speaking at least. But the unpredictable side of her made the ex-Slytherin edgy.

What are you doing here anyway ? Don’t you have a flat in London ? Aristide always brags about it. It makes me crazy, she eventually said.

She then reconsidered the cauldrons, not quite turning her back to Shae –the fact that Aristide had decided she’d become his shagging partner did not convince her to trust the blonde girl. Of course, he hadn’t said it that way, but she had understood the meaning behind his choice of wording. They’d have to talk about it again, because Callisto wanted some crusty details –of the sentimental side of their relationship, naturally ; the physical ones didn’t interest her the slightest bit.

The Snake Wand looked up again, carelessly gazing at Shae. She wondered how a girl like her had agreed to have sex with him, for she was clearly out of his league. Even the scar didn’t alter her face that much… Oh, she’d have Aristide spit every one of his secrets at their next meeting. She’d even corner the boy to make him confess. That would be fun.

She turned her attention back to the cauldrons –she was there for a reason, after all. A shiny blue residue remained at their bottom, so the Snake Wand tried several cleaning charms. Bloody Shae. As interesting as she was, her bothersome side overshadowed everything. When things looked normal again, she let herself lean on the lab table, not knowing what to do while the blonde was still there.

Suddenly, Callisto remembered the book she had taken from her bag –from the Restricted Section of the library, actually. The Potions Master had written a small note for Madam Pince so she could have free access to the books she needed. But if Shae discovered that what she wanted to brew was illegal, she’d be dead, or she’d owe the other girl something. Not bloody likely. Not wanting to raise suspicion, she gently took Moste Potente Potions from the bookstand and tucked it away.
(c) sweet.lips

Dernière édition par Callisto A. Rowle le Mer 30 Aoû - 0:14, édité 3 fois
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Subtle science & exact art | Shae   Subtle science & exact art | Shae I_icon_minitimeSam 26 Aoû - 21:55

Shae ξ Callisto

The girl didn't turn around and run away screaming. Disappointing. Maybe she was getting rusty. Shae looked a bit harder, but nope. The girl seemed insensible to her powers. Instead, she just had a face of someone deeply offended by the fact her name had not make any lasting impression on Shae. The fact that she could offend people by forgetting their names was quite funny to her. This kind of power never came without backlash, and Catherin was just proving her point.

- Uh, no. My name’s Callisto. Like the moon. Jupiter’s.

Shae stared. Should she mention she also did have Astronomy classes ? Naaah. Seemed obvious. It was a pretty name, really. Callisto. She should remember it, because it kinda ringed a bell somehow. Shit. Wasn't Callisto the name of Aristide's Slytherin friend ? Shit. The girl probably knew her already then. It was impossible not to remember her, she thought. And know, her thoughts were back on Aristide and his stupid smile, stupid face, stupid torso she slept on. Asshole. She cringed a bit and fell silent, ignoring the question and looking at the girl trying to correct her shenanigans.

Good luck with that, Star-sky girl. Not going to.... oh well she just did. Shae stared at the cauldron, impressed. Wow. That took some serious knowledge and power. Maybe Callisto really was worth remembering a name. And maybe she even deserved an answer.

- I don't know why I'm here. Drunk me thought it was a brilliant idea, and now I miss my bed. He brags huh ? Surprising, considering the amount of yelling and complaining he does.

She took a high-pitched voice, her own raspy voice cracking

- "Shae your plant tried to eat me !" "Shae the couch bite my fucking ass !"

She rolled her eyes. Well, he would not be complaining to her face any time soon, given the fact she had granted him access to her body. And now she was stuck with her dirty little secret, and she needed advice. Logan was out of the question, Ruth already had laughed her ass off and was clearly unable to give her any good advice. But Callisto knew Aristide. She was her friend. Maybe she would be able to help her understand the mystery that this awful guy was. Always whiny, always hating her, and suddenly acting like he was in love ? Bollocks. And now she was thinking of him being infatued with her ! Stupid mind. The hangover was really getting to her brains. She sighed.

- What's it like ? Being his friend I mean. I could never stand him more than 10 minutes in Hogwarts. Always tried to insult me or something, until I bitch-slapped him with a spell. Do you remember when I made his teeth touch the ground ? He was so fucking mad, it was the best.

She laughed a bit and sat down on a bench, her bones making a crunching noise as she tried to relax. Shit. Sleeping on the floor was a shitty idea. Shae yawned a bit and looked back at the girl, a tired smile lightning her face while she reflected on how fucking alone she was. She could tell nobody. Nobody would understand the dark path her thoughts took, nobody would get the fact that she knew she was fucked up and that it was okay. The first time she knew she had to survive on her own, the realization had smacked her : nobody would help you better than yourself. She had to do things on her own and figure out on her own how to make it work. She had to be smarter, harder and better than everyone else, because they would all try to fuck her up at some point.

Aristide was sweet and all that stuff, but he wasn't Pedro. Pedro was kind and all that stuff, but he wasn't her. She knew best. And she knew she had to severe the ties between her and these guys, not letting them come too close to her. Because in the end, it would fucking hurt her. But she had to ask, the question was burning her tongue now.

- Would you like... trust him with important stuffs ? Or is he more like the kind of friend you chit chat with, never going further than small talk ?

She wanted to slap herself. She sounded like a stupid girl in love while she was just evaluating if he would be boyfriend... no, friend material. That was it. She needed friends. A friend. Someone she could trust with her body, sure, but also with her mind.
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Subtle science & exact art | Shae   Subtle science & exact art | Shae I_icon_minitimeDim 27 Aoû - 16:17

ft. Shae Viridian

Well then, Shae was completely clueless about the reason she was there. Perfect. There would be no trying to escape the blonde’s clutches, or trying to justify herself. Callisto, for once, had been discreet. What a miracle. Smiling to herself –because she completely had the right to do that–, she waited for Shae to answer, or give away any sign she was still with her.

I don't know why I'm here. Drunk me thought it was a brilliant idea, and now I miss my bed. He brags huh ? Surprising, considering the amount of yelling and complaining he does.

The Snake Wand’s brows rose at the other girl’s explanation. She didn’t understand how people did that to themselves, seriously. It was okay to drink to feel a bit light-headed, yes, but to go to the point of feeling bad and not knowing what you were doing was kind of dangerous. But then this was Shae she was talking to, the witch was probably used to all of this.

“Shae your plant tried to eat me !”, “Shae the couch bit my fucking ass !”, she said and her whiny voice cracked a bit.

Callisto chuckled at her impersonation. It was very true to Aristide’s self, spot on, even. She couldn’t help but add a bit of her side. Mocking her Slytherin friend was something she did on an almost daily basis.

Oh yeah, he complains a great deal, mainly about that couch of yours, but behind all that I know he’s happy he found a place where he can sleep that isn’t the street. That’s why I’m saying he brags, because he’s proud someone’s tolerating him more than one hour a day, she answered, still chuckling a bit.

She remembered the day he had told her he was prohibited from sleeping in the dormitories ever again. He had acted all mighty and scandalized, just like the drama queen he was, but this was serious matter. He didn’t even know how to Apparate for fuck’s sake. Callisto had thought of sneaking him in her dormitories but well… if she got caught she would be expelled too. But then he had found somewhere to crash for a bit, and even if he lived with Shae –which apparently was completely fine by him, considering how things had escalated between the two–, Logan was there too, along with the mad girl’s cousin, she recalled.

What's it like ? Being his friend I mean. I could never stand him more than 10 minutes in Hogwarts. Always tried to insult me or something, until I bitch-slapped him with a spell. Do you remember when I made his teeth touch the ground ? He was so fucking mad, it was the best, the ex-Ravenclaw asked.

Callisto full-on laughed at that last bit. It had been glorious, really. The way he had stuttered after that had made him even more ridiculous.

Yeah, this was a nice move. But he won nonetheless, she said in a wink, I’d say the key for tolerating him is to be patient. You know, if you look past his terrible behaviour, he’s kind of a nice person… And I can’t believe I just said that aloud, she ultimately confessed, sneering at herself.

Shae was smiling too, but her expression seemed far away, and Callisto couldn’t tell if it was because of what she had replied, or something else that was happening in her head. She was just so bloody cryptic. So the ex-Slytherin ignored that. Shae wasn’t someone you read like an open book. But it didn’t seem surprising, really. All thoughts of brewing Veritaserum set aside, Callisto leaned a second time on the lab table, genuinely interested in what the blonde witch before her would come up with next.

Would you like... trust him with important stuffs ? Or is he more like the kind of friend you chit chat with, never going further than small talk ? she eventually asked.

The Snake Wand’s face lit up with predation. So, that was what Shae wanted to know. She had thought this was just a fling between her and Aristide, considering the meager clues he had given her. She hadn’t been able to pinpoint exactly how things were amidst the two of them. Now she had a better insight. Answering vaguely wouldn’t help, so she put all honesty behind her words.

I trust him. He may not be perfect, and Merlin, sometimes he’s an arsehole, but at least I can count on him. Actually, he does give me some good advice.

That was all she could say without giving away too much detail.
(c) sweet.lips

Dernière édition par Callisto A. Rowle le Mer 30 Aoû - 0:16, édité 1 fois
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Subtle science & exact art | Shae   Subtle science & exact art | Shae I_icon_minitimeDim 27 Aoû - 19:11

Shae ξ Callisto

She knew she had fucked up seconds after saying the words that came out of her mouth. The face Callisto made confirmed it : she was bloody busted. Her face turned a bit pale and reddish, and shu turned around, pretending to contemplate her fingernails to avoid feeling too dumb. For fuck sake, she was Shae Viridian, not some dumb cheesy teenager ! She could face any kind of look. She was smart, witty and sarcastic. She scared people when she wanted. She was bloody powerful with her wand, and she could also punch all dimwit who would be stupid enough to come for her.

She had more guts than a sweet little girl from Slytherin, brewing potions and making illegal sweet stuffs in school. She was hardcore badass. She had a scar and everything. Tilting her head sideway, she listened to the answer, carefully noting that Callisto was more than prudent with her answer.

Kind of a nice person eh ? She already knew that. When he was contemplating stars, he became a nice person. Passionate and everything. When he wanted to be soft and gentle, he could. But like her, he wasn't, most of the time. She simply knew she was harder than him. And the thought was a bit tough to swallow. She never intended on becoming harder than anyone she knew... When she was a child, she was always this funny, overexcited kid, sure. But she was also nice and fair. Loyal to her friends. Those she cared about, she really did. Others were just... expendables.

But now ? Now she was hard. Final point. She looked hard, she had the "hard" thinking mode on, and she felt isolated. Events in London and Peru made her paranoid and she feared the day her friends would be killed, abducted, thrown in jail. Aristide was one of them. And she knew with a desperate lucidity that she would not be able to save them all. Especially this whiny jerk. Then again, she needed to focus. Callisto was answering, and she wasn't paying attention.

- ...but at least I can count on him. Actually, he does give me some good advice.

She blinked and made a face.

- What kind of advice ? How to be a twat ? I can't imagine what sort of topic the two of you are talking about. Probably astronomy eh ? With your name and all, it's a wonder he never fell in love with you.

A short light laugh came from her throat, and she shook her head in disbelief. Here she was, talking about love life, hangover like crap, trying to sound subtle and polite with a girl she barely knew. She had to go back to London, and soon. She pressed her fingers against her forehead and looked at the girl.

- Any chance you got a cure for hangover on you ? Maybe you could brew me one. They're bloody easy to make, nothing to hard for a student of your scale right ?

She got up, swore and sat down, getting her bag to look for a potion-making book she always had on her. She wrote most of it herself, finding use of ingredients and slightly adjusting dosages with every attempt. She had managed to conceive a short number of useful potions, and she gave the book to Callisto without even thinking twice.

- Look it up, I wrote it down here. Page 34 I think. Might be 43. And talk about him more. Would you consider him a strong ally on a fight for exemple ? Or a liability ? I'm curious really.
He's such a wimp sometimes.

Her words were cold and hard, but a little smiled lightened her face when she talked about him, without her notice. Had she known, she would have made her best attempt at looking indifferent and unimpressed. But right now, her eyes glowed with affection, something she would deny so, so hard. And surely, the moon-named-girl would notice. She was giving information to the enemy without knowing it, truly, a magical moment. She sat down, hoping Callisto would brew the potion for her.

Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Subtle science & exact art | Shae   Subtle science & exact art | Shae I_icon_minitimeMar 29 Aoû - 21:30

ft. Shae Viridian

The small of her back still against the hard surface of the lab table, Callisto considered the blonde girl’s looks in front of her. Something had shifted, she knew. Being in Salazar Slytherin’s house had magnified her ambition, cunningness and resourcefulness. She had learned to roughly determine people’s feelings behind the bat of an eyelash, the tightening of a jaw, or the way someone’s hands flew when they were nervous. It had been arduous work, especially since she was as discreet as a Graphorn, and that staring at someone while trying to understand why they were acting a certain way wasn’t well received, but she had kind of grasped it.

However, at the moment, she couldn’t identify what made Shae close her body the way it had done. It had to be about Aristide, since he was the centre of their rather awkward conversation. But what ? Only she knew.

What kind of advice ? How to be a twat ? I can't imagine what sort of topic the two of you are talking about. Probably astronomy eh ? With your name and all, it's a wonder he never fell in love with you.

The Snake Wand was dumbfounded. She didn’t know if she should feel revolted by the indirect insult or laugh at the ridiculous scenario the blonde girl had just blurted out. Astronomy had been her second most disliked class in Hogwarts, by Merlin’s pants ! She didn’t care about determining Earth’s orbit changes, or knowing how stars formed from nebulae. And as soon as her fifth year had been finished and her OWLs dealt with, the Slytherin had cleared her brain from most of her knowledge about the stars. The vast and intriguing science of potion-making appealed her much more. She preferred chemistry over physics. Throwing in a fake laugh for good measure, and deciding she didn’t like those personal questions, she replied :

I didn’t like astronomy, so, no. And about that love thing, I think we’re too different for it to happen, like… we both go for very different personalities, she finished thoughtfully.

The image of a handsome Eric Paterson, flashing his stupid smile and ruffling his golden hair contrasted the soft and calm blonde girl that later came to her mind. Aristide being his whiny self and complaining about his inability to talk to a girl came next, and she smiled to herself.

Then she recalled the other blonde’s words. She started to understand why people usually avoided Shae, but then everything had been the same with Aristide when they first met. He had been as annoying as the blonde was currently being. Callisto couldn’t really remember the way things had been between her and the sheep-headed boy when they were transitioning from acquaintances to friends, but she knew it had taken a great deal of time. Curiously, she wondered if it had been the same between the ex-Ravenclaw and her new… whatever the hell Aristide was.

Any chance you got a cure for hangover on you ? Maybe you could brew me one. They're bloody easy to make, nothing to hard for a student of your scale right ?

I don’t carry this sort of potions at eight in the bloody morning. Why don’t you go to the Infirmary ? I’m sure they’ve got plenty of hangover cures there.

The Snake Wand wasn’t particularly thrilled by the idea of brewing some potion for a girl she didn’t know well. She had more pressing matters. Unless– Half a second later, Shae took out a book from her bag, interrupting the train of her thoughts. The witch narrowed her eyes as she accepted the notebook. Flicking through the handwritten pages, she heard the blonde talk again.

Look it up, I wrote it down here. Page 34 I think. Might be 43. And talk about him more. Would you consider him a strong ally on a fight for example ? Or a liability ? I'm curious really. He's such a wimp sometimes.

This book was a bloody mine of gold. Plant uses were detailed, and Callisto couldn’t help but read avidly everything her eyes came across. Some potions looked familiar too, but the proportions were kind of odd. After a few moments, she sat on the floor before Shae and kept her gaze on the slightly stained paper.

This–This is brilliant ! How did you gather so much information ? I never read about those Ayahuasca properties you listed ! In Magical Plants of Amazonia, it’s only said that it’s involved in dream inducing potions.

Lowering the book, Callisto locked her impressed gaze with Shae’s dreamy one. There was the moment she could be read. Seizing the opportunity, the Snake Wand studied the blonde girl. Smiling faintly, she decided it was definitely Aristide that triggered such a reaction. An idea took form in her mind, a good one.

Shall we make a deal ? I tell you things about Aristide and you teach me what you discovered and recorded.
(c) sweet.lips
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Subtle science & exact art | Shae   Subtle science & exact art | Shae I_icon_minitimeDim 10 Sep - 23:49

Shae ξ Callisto

The Moon-Girl seemed kinda upset about being questioned, but she didn't flinch. That was a good point for her, really. Anybody else would have probably blurted out an excuse or something and leave the room. But Callisto stayed, and eyed the notebook, her gaze fixed on the pages like she had never seen anything quite like it. A sentiment of pride grew in Shae's chest, and her smile grew wider. Yup. That was all her. Her discoveries. Her experiments. She was hella smart and talented. And that was always nice to see other acknowledge it. She never had trouble sharing her discoveries and brilliant spirit, but others always tended to feel overwhelmed and jealous. They felt like she was bragging just for the pleasure of it. She just had a fast mind and an even faster tongue. She couldn't help the fact that others were slower and dumber.
But Callisto didn't seemed bothered. She was ecstatic.

Sitting beside Shae, Callisto leveled an impressed gaze at her.

- This–This is brilliant ! How did you gather so much information ? I never read about those Ayahuasca properties you listed ! In Magical Plants of Amazonia, it’s only said that it’s involved in dream inducing potions.

Smiling gently to Callisto, Shae answered like it was nothing at all.

- Well, for once, I tried to eat, smoke and drink the plant. It was quite an experience, but overall, it was funny. Could have died and all that stuff, but honestly ? Worth it. I wasn't even ill. Well, I threw up twice, but I suspect the burrito I ate before wasn't top quality so...

She shrugged, dismissing the memory of her slightly greenish face, and the weird smell of the puke. It had been an eventful afternoon, and it was bloody nice to see someone confirming the fact that is was HER discovery. She hasn't yet published it, mostly because she was a lazy ass when it came to write long-ass articles explaining everything, but she knew she had to, quickly, before someone took advantage of it and stole her discovery. All of her notes were enchanted at a certain level, so she had some protections - and she abstained of saying it to Callisto. The girl would discover it soon enough if she tried to outrun her.

- What can I say ? I certainly am a certified Botanist, with the degree and all that. Knowing stuff you don't about plants and use in potions could be my job if I wasn't such a nerd.

The proposition made her smile slightly more and she tilted her head to the side, looking at Callisto with a calculating expression. It was tempting. She wanted to learn more about this moron. But she also didn't trust the little lady. She barely knew her after all. She thought about it.

- Brew me the potion, and you'll be allowed to take notes from the notebook, and ask questions. Make sure these don't fall under the wrong kind of hands, because it's enchanted to make you puke blood and draw scars all over your body and face. And I'd like to know things about him, right... But like, if you could refrain yourself from telling him I asked... I would greatly appreciate it.

Her smile wasn't fooling anyone : if Callisto betrayed her, she would make sure she regretted it, instantly. She wasn't all nice and talkative. She was drugged enough to make bad decisions, like slapping a bitch who was a nice girl brewing highly dangerous and illegal potions. Shae yawned a bit, toning down the menacing looks, and seemed really tired, suddenly.

- It's just. I don't have anyone to talk to about stuffs. And you seem like the kind of sweet, good-listener type. But maybe I'm wrong. Don't want to hurt your feelings and all, love.

Her thoughts went to Aristide once again, and she rubbed her eyelids, mumbling about injustice. She was an awful being, truly. Shame would have already eaten her if her brain wasn't so fucked up already, and she shrugged.

Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Subtle science & exact art | Shae   Subtle science & exact art | Shae I_icon_minitimeSam 16 Sep - 0:38

ft. Shae Viridian

She could tell Shae was flattered by the way a smile had made its way on her still tired face, even though the girl made an effort to look casual and not very affected by her compliment. She looked satisfied, and had every right to feel contented. The notebook in Callisto’s hands was phenomenal. Who could have thought that the Ravenclaw was actually much more ingenious than hinted ? All of sudden, the Snake Wand wondered what price Shae had paid for all that. More than smoking, eating, drinking and puking. More than trial and error. Shae told her she could have died trying that plant.

A shudder went through the witch’s body when she looked at the scarred eye again. What had happened to it then ? If she was crazy enough to risk her life to gather information about a simple –not this simple, quite dangerous, even– plant, Callisto wondered what she did to be injured that way, a way in which she would keep a physical reminder for the rest of her life. Her gaze fell once again on the scribed pages. She traced the drawing of a flower with her finger, listening absentmindedly to the girl ahead of her. So she actually had a degree. It wasn’t surprising, really. What she didn’t understand, though, was the reason why those discoveries weren’t in a book, on a bookstore shelf. Shae wasn’t somehow the only one to have discovered all this, was she ? And why did she stay here in Hogwarts, where almost everyone feared her, instead of living off her Herbology knowledge ?

It’s home, a small voice whispered from the depths of her mind. Just like for you.

Brew me the potion, and you'll be allowed to take notes from the notebook, and ask questions. Make sure these don't fall under the wrong kind of hands, because it's enchanted to make you puke blood and draw scars all over your body and face. And I'd like to know things about him, right... But like, if you could refrain yourself from telling him I asked... I would greatly appreciate it.

Callisto’s brows rose high on her forehead, while her mouth formed a silent “o”. She was appalled. You had to be either paranoiac or demented to even get an idea like this one ! Like, seriously ? Making someone spew blood and get scars on their whole body ? Shae’s mad smile didn’t damper things, on the contrary. Did she do it purposefully, or was it just instinctual ? The Snake Wand couldn’t even know. And the fear swelling in her stomach didn’t help.

Shaking her head a little, to accompany and accentuate the thought that she definitely wasn’t a thief, and therefore there would be no need to imagine herself bloody and on the verge of consciousness, Callisto dropped the book on her lap. This was far more than tempting. Either she rejected Shae and lost every bit of knowledge she could muster from the notebook, concentrating more on Moste Potente Potions –which she could read whenever she wanted–, or she brew that stupid hangover cure and got access to uncommon data. The choice was easily made. She saw Shae yawn, and couldn’t help herself but mimic the blonde girl, making her eyes water a bit.

It's just. I don't have anyone to talk to about stuffs. And you seem like the kind of sweet, good-listener type. But maybe I'm wrong. Don't want to hurt your feelings and all, love.

Callisto smiled a bit at that, wondering if Shae knew that she actually softened a little when she brought Aristide up. A tinge of resignation and bitterness tainted her voice, though. Deciding that she should gather her courage if she wanted to move forward in life, the witch stood up, taking the notebook in her ascension. Page forty-something Shae had said.

Alright, alright. I’ll do it. Is your recipe different from the classic one ?

There it was, page thirty-four. Yes, it was quite different. This cure had armadillo bile, which was used in wit-sharpening potions, and honeywater, to rehydrate. Great idea, it would make you instantly more awake and nourished than the typical hangover mixture.

What do you want to begin with ? she said, as she went to the cupboard.

She started with honeywater, letting it heat a bit before adding several roots. This didn’t seem hard, and, anyway, the instructions were so precise that even a first year version of herself couldn’t mess this up. Waiting for the concoction to boil, she turned her face towards Shae, a questioning glance all over it.
(c) sweet.lips

Spoiler:
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Subtle science & exact art | Shae   Subtle science & exact art | Shae I_icon_minitimeSam 16 Sep - 23:11

Shae ξ Callisto

Once again, being fucked up the way she was was kind of a relief. Her messed up brain was quick to move on, and a second later, she was able to put all thoughts of Pedro aside, only to focus on Potions, Aristide, and Callisto. That seemed healthy, for the day to come. Callisto looked conflicted. She had this look on, wondering if she were about to sell her soul to the devil or something, that made Shae very happy. She always enjoyed being considered ... alternative, for the least. Maybe a bit dangerous too. The appearance she tried so hard to build for others was so rough, crazy and unrelatable, she often wondered how'd she managed to grab a few friends along the way. Like Logan. Well... Except for Ruth - but she was family so really, she didn't count - Shae realized that she didn't have any friend, besides him. Logan Bishop. This weird looking nerd, always wearing fedoras and hoping he would come across sexy and charismatic.

She giggled at the thought, watching Callisto finally selling her soul and beginning to prepare the holy grail that was the potion. Shae didn't even bother to respond when asked if her recipe was any different from the original. Of course it was, she wasn't a moron who would blindly execute a lame ass potion. Carefully massaging her forehead as a nausea came by to say hello, she shrugged and let the girl do her thing. She trusted her not to make a fool of herself, and if she was right, Moon Girl seemed a little bit too proud to fuck anything up.

- What do you want to begin with ?

The question caught her by surprise, and she blinked. Huh. What to begin with... Maybe she should prob into the past of her newly ... mistake. He was nothing else than a one-time-mistake. She still had Pedro, and she had to stay faithful and disinterested of anyone else. Even if he wasn't there all the time. Even if it had been almost a week since she last saw him. ANYWAY. She was here to get intel on Aristide. Maybe some dirty secrets to put pressure on him, if he ever wanted to talk about what had happened.

- Did he ever had any girlfriend ? Hogwarts, or after ?

She tried really hard to sound casual and not REALLY interested by her own questions, but she had always been a lousy actress, and it definitely showed on her tired face. She bit her lips a bit and then, she decided to go on. What the hell, she had fucked up anyway, and she would have to tell Pedro, and Aristide, both of them, hopefully in a very far, far away future. Like, in ten years or so. Seemed perfect. She would have all the time in the world to carefully plan her disappearance, new identity in Mexico, or Russia, she had yet to make a choice, and she could always pick up a new boyfriend over there. Shrugging, she threw herself in, and asked the most indecent question ever, a smirk on her face.

- And, well, do you know if he ever did IT ? Ya know. Just to mock him. He looks like a virgin to me.

She giggled a bit more and stopped, mortified. She was beginning to look like lame witches that read witch magazine, and did stupid stuff like try new make-up or hair styling spells... Ugh. Giggling was so lame. She wasn't lame. She was bloody SHAE VIRIDIAN ! She looked at the potion, and nodded with approval to Callisto. She did fucking well on this, to be honest. It was really nice to meet someone who was not a total incompetent. Refreshing.
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Subtle science & exact art | Shae   Subtle science & exact art | Shae I_icon_minitime

Subtle science & exact art | Shae

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 1 sur 2Aller à la page : 1, 2  Suivant